In attendance (via Zoom): Zeke, Robert, Peter, Stephan, Taylor O., Louis, Jack, Mike B., Emily, April, Jeramie, Skylar, Diana, Lisa, Michael E., Alec, Ken, Chris, John, and Hanna
Our break-the-ice question: While underground, what do you carry on your person (rather than in your pack)? A second light and food were the top responses. Pro tip: For a warm mid-trip meal, stow your sandwich in your suspension helmet.
- Pay your grotto dues! Only $15 for the year! https://www.tritrogs.org/meeting-information/membership-info/
- A former TriTrog has donated a whole bunch of old gear to the grotto. Mike will be cataloging it with an eye towards what might be useful for loaner gear. In addition to the lights and helmets, there are some cave suits that the former member is asking $100 for.
- Our Spring Restoration project will be held in April at a commercial caverns that is probably closer than the one we’ve been going to. More details to come. [Ed., may be farther away. TBA]
Peter Hertl’s presentation “Vertical Caving in Mexico” covered his trip from December to Sotano de las Golondrinas, Hoya de las Huahuas, Cascada de Tamul, and Sotano de El Cepillo.
Upcoming Trips and Events
- April ? Spring Restoration at ?
- May 20-22 Spring MAR/VAR at Grand Caverns in Grottoes, VA
- June 13-17 NSS Convention in Rapid City, SD
- July 8-10 Karst-O-Rama in Mt. Vernon, KY
- July 15-23 NCRC National Seminar in Covington, VA
- July 24-31 International Congress of Speleology in France