In attendance: Zeke, Emily, Stephan, Peter, Ken, Lisa, Alex, Diana, Louis, Carlin, Mike, Taylor O., and Ann
- Yearly dues go to half-price at the beginning of July: $7.50 for an individual or $11 for a family.
- The grotto officers will have a meeting primarily to discuss the annual grotto trip scheduled for the weekend of August 13.
Peter, Ken, and Stephan went on a sport to Hancock Cave. Stephan found it easier getting in than coming out. It probably didn’t help that he had formed himself into a spineless corkscrew at some point in between. They went to the top of Witch Glob Pit to see if anything had opened up near the surface; nothing had.
Mike and Lisa went to Gneiss Cave at Chimney Rock State Park. They appreciated the shade.
Mike and Lisa explored Blue Grotto, a sea cave in Italy. They had to lie down in a rowboat to get inside. The guides sang.
- July 30 – Horizontal sport trip (see Ken)
- Aug 13-14 – Annual Grotto Trip
- Aug 20 – short tours of Perkins Cave (offered by ACC)
Louis conducted a casual interview with 2nd and 3rd generation cavers Taylor Orr, Carlin Kartchner, and Emily Graham.