In attendance: Zeke, Mark, Jack, Louis, Stephan, Ken, Diana, Emily, Peter, Mike B, Lisa, Jeno, April
Brandon Kowallis, cave photographer, gave us “6 Ways to Improve Your Cave Photography”. You can read an article written by Brandon in the August 2019 issue of the NSS News. Visit his website to see some of his photos.
- Dues reminder
- Holiday party
- Diana has a really nice quality 4 season 2-3 person tent with 2 large vestibules that needs some TLC that is free to a good home.
Ken and I got roped into a (ropeless) trip to Crossroads Cave by Miles Drake and his Terrapin Trail Club members. They all took to caving very well and had no problems at all. We were under for about 5 hours.
At VAR Mark got to hear a first-hand account of a couple people who spent about 20 hours in Crossroads once because they were lost. He went to Subway Cave and to Watersink. Watersink is fairly short and mazy. There’s a little squeeze followed by some nice clean formations and flowstone. Subway looks like a huge volume of water drains through it. There were some fossils and nice formations, too.
- Oct 29 – Perkins Cave survey (Ken)
- Nov 12 – Darwin Day
- April 21-23, 2023 – Orientation to Cave Rescue in Elkins, WV
- May 12-20, 2023 – Weeklong NCRC in Mentone, AL
- June 26-30, 2023 – NSS Convention in Elkins, WV