Eric (and his taco hat) lead the by initiating a debate over what factors affect the cooking time of pasta. He finally reveals the question of the day- What is more heinous: glitter or cat hair?
Glitter haters include: Eric, Rachel, Zeke, Kim, Mike Broome
Those that despise cat hair: Hunter, Emily, Pete, Sarah Dotson, Diana, Mark Daughtridge
Ken was also in attendance but chose to answer a different question (What are you?) by explaining his Scottish (not Irish) garb.
- Thanks goes to all BugFest volunteers!
- If there are any outstanding balances from the grotto trip, please make sure you are reimbursed.
- Pay your dues
- A general reminder: make sure someone not going in the cave knows where you will be and what time you are expected out.
- Volunteers are needed for Darwin Day. Pete will have an earthworm table, and TriTrogs will run a bat table.
- This year the holiday party will be hosted by Kim on December 8th. Bring good cheer, and food.
- 23 Big Brown bats (Eptesicus fuscus) were recorded at Harris Lake County Park during a bat count. All were in good health.
- Mike, though he missed the chance to share a trip report, did go caving. Somewhere underground.
Upcoming Trips and Activities
- Oct 26: VPI trip with Rachel
- Nov 3 – 4: Scott Hollow Photo Trip WV
- Nov 10: Darwin Day
- Dec 8: Holiday Party
Flamingos were raced, costumes were judged, speleobingo was played, and much fun was had at the Halloween Party.