Michael McBride, Chair
Taylor Tibbs, Vice Chair
Elise Sanderson, Webmaster
Mike Broome, Treasurer
Emily Graham, Secretary
- Officers unanimously agreed that the grotto will donate $200 to Cyclops Cave
- Elise updated the email addresses on the Contact Us page
- Emily has completed the NSS IO report (as of 2/25)
We discussed program ideas for the year. Taylor has created a sign-up sheet at the following link. Those interested in giving presentations can select which month they prefer. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h1g41PL0sBIV4ZQcmayyqJVyiTsT1cNkw3aydze1cwM/edit?usp=sharing
This year the grotto will be offering an incentive for participation. Prize tbd. Point system as follows:
- 1 pt for a written trip report
- 1 pt for participation in a survey trip
- 2 pts for leading a beginner trip
- 3 pts for giving a meeting presentation
Stay tuned. Official announcement at the regular February meeting.
Annual Grotto Trip
This year’s annual family-friendly grotto trip will be August 15-16. Destination tbd.
In addition to the Hancock Cave trail construction, Michael McBride suggested a trip to the NSS Headquarters in Huntsville, Alabama to do whatever volunteer work is needed. Camping and caving are available onsite and very nearly onsite.