Part I (June 29, 2020)
In (virtual) attendance: Michael M., Taylor, Mike B., Emily
- We plan to meet virtually for at least the next few months.
- We agreed that Zoom is the most accessible platform. Taylor has an account that won’t limit us to 40 minutes.
- Themes and costumes and general silliness
- Virtual trip reports can use uploaded photos and maps
- Could be nice to share meetings with other grottoes
- Next grotto meeting program: Discussion of caving (or not) during a pandemic
- Annual Grotto Trip
- cancelled/postponed indefinitely
- Michael M. to send email notice [Done]
- Inclusiveness Message – see Part II
- NSS Convention is virtual (and free) July 27-31
Part II (July 8, 2020)
In (virtual) attendance: Michael M., Taylor, Mike B., Elise, Emily, Mark D.
- Inclusiveness discussion
- Affordability. Cost of gear, driving may be a prohibitive factor. May restructure FAQ page to emphasize loaner gear availability. May also waive wear-and-tear fee in some circumstances.
- Brief positive inclusiveness statement on website, Facebook page. Elise will draft and share with officers.
- Discussion of recruiting and meeting attendance
- Emily will share our existing bylaws with other officers [Done]
- Boy Scouts – Michael wrote a response to the Boy Scouts’ request for cave guide contact names.
- Agree to grotto donation to bat research, with regards to COVID. Emily will make list of possible causes.
- Need to combine WNS decon with COVID-19 decon procedures?
- Michael will obtain resealable bags and “sterilized” labels for our loaner gear.
- Possibility of doing decon procedures at monthly meetings?
- Supplemental outdoor (in-person) meetings. Before it starts getting dark early.
- Next officers’ meeting: August 5 at 7:30.